Snows BMW Isle of Wight
19 May 2021
The Driving Spirit
Snows are an AM Top 50 automotive retailer covering 18 Brands at 52 franchises. Based in the south and south-west of England the business differentiates itself from its customers by delivering outstanding customer service for its customers and manufacturer partners. We are currently on the lookout for a Service Technician to join our established team at Snows BMW and MINI Isle of Wight.
As a Service Technician, you will carry out a variety of workshop work in an efficient and safe manner. The aim is to meet customer requirements and maximise workshop utilisation and productivity.
Your day will include:
- Carrying out vehicle services and repairs in accordance with brand technical standards.
- Working in accordance with brand and dealership processes.
- Liaising directly with customers where appropriate.
- Providing support to less experienced colleagues.
- Attending regular training to update technical skills.
- Ensuring that the immediate working environment is kept clean and devoid of any working practice which may be hazardous to either themselves or others.
Have you got what it takes?
- Relevant City & Guilds, BTEC or NVQ accreditation
- Previous work experience in a franchise dealership
- Highly skilled in fault diagnosis and hold the relevant MOT Tester qualification.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Commitment to delivering first class customer service.
- Able to plan, organise self and meet agreed work deadlines.
What is in it for you?
- Highly competitive salary and bonus scheme.
- Full training and support to help you immerse yourself in the role and Snows values.
- 30 days holiday, inc. Bank holidays plus additional holiday entitlement as recognition of length of service with Snows at 5,10,15, 20, 25, 30 years anniversary. (Pro rata for part time employees).
- Discounted MOTs, Service & Parts.
- Recommend a Friend Bonus/ Introducing a Customer Bonus.
- Life Assurance Benefit.
- Snows Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Health Shield.
- BEN – Employee Assistance Programme.
- Excellent development opportunities to learn & grow with Snows.
- Role dependant – tool box insurance /company car scheme/ Uncapped earnings potential through commission or bonus structures.
Hours of work
Monday to Friday 08.30am to 17.00pm, 30 minutes for lunch. Alternate Saturdays - 08.30am to 12.30pm.
We regret that due to volume, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the close date please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
** Important Consent Note ** By clicking the “Submit Application” button, you are expressly giving your consent to us sharing your CV within Snows. This is for the purpose that other roles within the Group may be suitable for you. As a result you are giving your consent to receive email contact from Snows for the purpose of discussing available roles with you. Snows will not use your details for any other purpose or share your details with any third parties outside of the Group. If you do not give your explicit consent for the reasons stated above please do not click the “Submit Application” button.